Interdistrict Transfer Information
The Nuview Union School District will accept requests throughout the year but does not guarantee enrollment.
If you reside outside the district boundaries and wish for your student to be considered for enrollment in one of the district's three schools (Nuview Elementary, Valley View Elementary and/or Mountain Shadows Middle School), you must obtain an Interdistrict Attendance Permit as follows:
- Parent/Guardian starts the process with their home district of residence.
- Following the home district's approval, Nuview Union SD will receive the approved form for processing from the home district.
- If the home district denies the request, parents may appeal the decision with the Riverside County Office of Education. Click here for the appeals forms and process.
- If this is a NEW Interdistrict request, please provide Nuview Union SD with a recent copy of the student's grades/transcript and a copy of their discipline record from their current school when submitting the Interdistrict request.
- SPECIAL ED: If the student has a prior IEP, parents need to submit a recent copy.
- You can submit the approved form with these documents to the Nuview Union SD District Office at 29780 Lakeview Avenue, Nuevo CA 92567.
- Once requests are received, the Student Services Department staff will contact the principal of the requested site to review:
- space/program availability
- recommendation for approval/denial
- For current school year requests, parents will receive a transfer decision notification within 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of the request.
- For future school year requests, parents will receive a transfer decision notification as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days following the beginning of the school year for which enrollment is sought.
Questions? Please contact Yadira Rodriguez at (951) 928-0066 ext. 1715.
Interdistrict Transfer Guidelines
- Nuview Union SD will attempt to accommodate the parent’s request for a particular school, but the request is not guaranteed. Placement at schools is based on space availability as determined by the district, not the school site.
- Interdistrict Transfers are to the district, not a particular school.
- All transfers are subject to annual renewal.
- All approvals are subject to space availability and students meeting behavioral and achievement expectations
- An Interdistrict Transfer Permit may be revoked or rescinded under the following conditions. If the student:
- Is excessively tardy or absent from school or is brought to school excessively early or left excessively late
- Fails to uphold appropriate behavior standards
- Fails to make appropriate academic efforts
- Or if false or misleading information was provided or other conditions occur that would render continuance inadvisable.
- Parent/guardian assumes responsibility for providing transportation.
- An Interdistrict Transfer may be submitted throughout the school year, subject to space availability.
If you would like to inquire about the status of your student's transfer please call Yadira Rodriguez at (951) 928-0066 ext. 1715 or via email at [email protected]