Out of District Transfers
Interdistrict Attendance Permits from Nuview Union School District to another District (Release Out Permit):
Interdistrict Permits for release out of Nuview Union SD are available on a year to year basis. A parent or legal guardian of a student residing in the Nuview Union School District school boundary may request a transfer for that student to attend school in another District by obtaining an Interdistrict Attendance Permit application from the Nuview Union School District Office or online. The Interdistrict Attendance Permit and supporting documentation must be completed and submitted to the Nuview Union School District Office located at 29780 Lakeview Avenue, Nuevo CA 92567 in person. Once the application has been processed, it is forwarded to the requested District for their approval. Questions regarding the status or processing of the Interdistrict Permit will need to be directed to the requested District.
GUIDELINES FOR RELEASE
How do I apply for an Interdistrict Transfer (IDT) Agreement to enroll at a school outside of Nuview?
Complete the Nuview Union SD Interdistrict Transfer Application. Please read the front and back of this form carefully & thoroughly. The PDF forms are fillable and you may use the buttons in the bottom right to save and print the documents.
Gather ALL of the evidence/documentation requested to support each reason selected on the application. (See section below for a complete listing of all the proof/evidence required to support each reason you checked.)
Submit the IDT application for review in person. Remember to submit the completed application and all necessary evidence/documentation in original form to the Nuview Union SD District Office.
You will be notified within 10 business days with the decision to your request.
What are the reasons which may qualify for an Interdistrict Transfer Permit to be approved for release from NUSD?
The following ten (10) reasons are valid reasons for IDT approvals:
- Child Care - When the child care provider is located in the requested city.
- Parent Employment - When the parent is employed in the requested city.
- Sibling (Sibling must already be in attendance at the proposed district.)
- Specialized Programs not offered anywhere within Nuview Union School District.
- Continuing Enrollment at the same school. (Please note that a student’s continuing status terminates when a student transitions to a new school, even if it is a new school within the same district.)
- Final year (AKA: Senior Privilege)
- Change in Residence. When the family's move-in date is scheduled far beyond the date in which escrow or lease agreements are duly signed.
- Other extenuating and well-documented circumstances which may make an IDT necessary will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may take up to 30 days for a decision.
What evidence is required to prove that I qualify under the reason that I selected on the IDT application?
- Completion of Child Care Affidavit
Proof of employment of parent/guardian
- Copy of a recent pay stub
- Letter from employer on the employer’s stationery verifying schedule (hours and days) and location of employment
- If self-employed, letter stating schedule (hours and days) and location of employment plus a copy of the business license.
- Letter from parent/guardian explaining the circumstances that an inter-district permit is necessary under parent employment reasons.
Sibling (Sibling must already be in attendance at the proposed district of attendance.)
- Sibling’s most recent report card.
- Copy of the sibling’s approved IDT agreement from the district of residence.
- Copy of the flyer, brochure, or other informational material detailing the specialized program in which the student is interested
- Letter from parent/guardian expressing the extent of the student’s interest in the specialized program, and how the program is either unavailable or not comparable at the district of residence.
- Copy of the student’s last report card
- Letter from parent/guardian stating the enrollment history (grade and school/district) of the student since kindergarten
- Copy of the student’s last report card
Change in Residence
- Copy of escrow or lease documents.
- The parent/guardian must submit a detailed letter explaining the extenuating special circumstance which makes an IDT permit necessary.
- Parent/guardian must submit all necessary documentation which support/prove all of the claims made in the letter.
- Insufficient documentation has been provided.
- Reason(s) provided is/are not within those indicated on the front of the request form.
- Preference is not a valid reason.
- Proximity is not a valid reason.
- Convenience is not a valid reason.
- Nuview Union School District offers a similar or comparable program within the city.
- Sports, music, after school programs, etc. are not valid academic programs.
- A student’s continuing status terminates when he/she transitions to a new school, even if the new school is within the same school district of most recent attendance.